Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Segala puji bagi Allah, Tuhan semesta alam. Selawat dan salam ke atas Junjungan Besar Nabi Muhammad Sallallahu Alai Wassalam, ahli keluarga, para sahabat Baginda, para Tabiin, para Ulama dan kepada seluruh kaum Muslimin dan Muslimat.
2. Alhamdulillah Beta bersyukur ke hadrat ILAHI kerana dengan rahmat dan inayat dariNya jua, Beta dapat berangkat untuk menyempurnakan Majlis Konvokesyen Raffles Education Group bagi tahun 2004.
- Convocation ceremonies are one of the most colourful and significant traditions of institutions of higher education. Today is very special for all new graduates and a proud day for parents, relatives, and friends. It is the result of years of hard work. Today is the time to reflect on your achievements and what you have gained from your time at this college. But more importantly, for you, this is a time to look to the future. Yours is, indeed, a very promising future as you are now prepared to face the opportunities and meet the challenges of this 3rd Millennium equipped to become leaders in business, in government, in science and technology, in academia and in other professions of your choice.
- Education has a fundamental impact upon the material and intellectual wealth of society. It is the most pervasive agent of change, and the principal means by which we conserve and enrich the diversity of human culture. Higher educational institutions provide the intellectual infrastructure for any modern nation. There can be no truly modern civilised society without quality education. In Malaysia, education has provided a solid platform on which the nation has built one of the fastest growing economies of East Asia. Today, the spotlight is being turned on education with a view to establishing Malaysia as a regional centre of academic excellence.
- The national education agenda addresses the challenges presented by a new world order where Asia is set to play a major role. As stakeholders, we need to carry out this commitment through focused attention, dedication as well as cooperation between the public and private sector, working in unison to ensure the supply chain of education provision continues to be congruent, relevant and focused on excellence.
- Private Institutions of Higher Education such as the Raffles Education Group have contributed to the attainment of the national education agenda by fulfilling its role in providing affordable, relevant and quality education. For this I wish to commend staff and members of faculty. You have contributed significantly to this institution and to your respective disciplines. Your dedication to your vocation has made this institution the dynamic place it is.
- For this Convocation Ceremony, I am informed that more than 500 graduands will be receiving their awards. You are graduating at a time of rapid change. It is also a time of uncertainty, but with this uncertainty comes great opportunity for you as graduates to influence your world and shape your future.
- With this also comes a moral and social responsibility. You have worked hard to arrive at this day and the onus is now on you to become responsible as well as imaginative future leaders. Grasp this responsibility with confidence, intelligence and integrity.
Congratulations and good luck.
Beta ucapkan tahniah kepada setiap graduan yang berjaya.
Wabillahi Taufik, Walhidayah.
Wassalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.