Menghadap Paduka Seri Ayahanda, Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Sultan Perak Darul Ridzuan, Sultan Azlan Muhibbuddin Shah
Menghadap Paduka Bonda, Duli Yang Maha Mulia Raja Permaisuri Perak Darul Ridzuan, Tuanku Bainun
Menghadap Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan Selangor Darul Ehsan, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah
Sembah patik mohon diampun
Adapun patik bersyukur ke hadrat ILAHI kerana dengan limpah rahmat dan izin darinya jua, Paduka Seri Ayahanda serta Paduka Bonda dan Paduka Kekanda Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah dapat berangkat ke Majlis Pelancaran Buku “Perak – 300 Early Postcards” ini. Sesungguhnya keberangkatan Paduka Seri Ayahanda, Paduka Bonda dan Paduka Kekanda Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah telah meningkatkan lagi darjat dan seri Majlis ini.
Dipohonkan limpah perkenan Paduka Seri Ayahanda dan Paduka Bonda untuk membolehkan anakanda menzahirkan titah dan seterusnya bagi anakanda mempersilakan Duli Yang Maha Mulia Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah untuk menyampaikan titah Baginda dan seterusnya menyempurnakan upacara pelancaran buku tersebut.
Ladies and gentlemen
- It is my proud duty to welcome you to this ceremony celebrating the launch of the book “Perak – 300 Early Postcards”, published in conjunction with the Silver Jubilee of the reign of His Royal Highness Sultan Azlan Shah as the Sultan of Perak. I am humbled by the presence of His Royal Highness the Sultan of Selangor. Tuanku Idris has a lot of passion for our nation’s history and he is renowned as a collector of precious antiques including old books, photographs and stamps. For this reason, I believe HRH would have a special appreciation for this book. Like my father, Tuanku Idris is also celebrated as a Ruler with unstinting love and care for his subjects, his state and his country. On a more personal note, Tuanku Idris is someone who has, through the years, touched my life and those of my family in meaningful ways. I am therefore deeply grateful that Tuanku Idris has agreed to launch this book. I cannot think of anyone more fitting.
- This book would not have been possible without the support of the many parties who committed their time and resources towards its publication. I commend the author, Professor Dr. Cheah Jin Seng for his detailed and informative descriptions of the postcards, and Mr Didier Millet and the editorial team from Editions Didier Millet and RNS Publications for putting the book together beautifully.
- I thank the sponsors, Yayasan Sultan Azlan Shah, the Chemical Company of Malaysia (CCM), Maybank, Sime Darby and Tan Sri Dato Seri Shamsuddin Abdul Kadir for their support and for recognising the significance of this publication as an endeavour to further the cultural, educational and artistic development in our society.
- A special thanks is due to Tun Ahmad Sarji for writing the foreword, and to Dato’ Seri Visu Sinnadurai and his team for coordinating the publication as well as organising this afternoon’s event.
- I thank all of you for your presence here today and I wish you an enjoyable evening.
Sembah patik mohon diampun
- It is with much pleasure that I now invite His Royal Highness Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah to deliver his address and launch the book, “Perak – 300 Early Postcards”.